Newsletter #4 Refugee ministry & Vision (2018)

THE VISION 

God asked me to commit before I even knew why.
Spending time in God’s presence changed my heart. Shocker, I know. Last Fall, during my times of solitude and prayer, I was led by His Spirit to commit to YWAM Montana for an additional 5 years. Setting aside time for Him, I was confronted by His worth and calling, but I had no clue why or where I was being sent.

Less than one year later, I am co-leading the Refugee Elective in DTS.

Fast forward. God did speak, but not until after I was obedient to his voice. Now Bethany and I are committed to establish a refugee ministry here at YWAM Montana. We have had an AMAZING start to the school where our students are being transformed and called to bring the gospel and minister to refugees. Bethany and I are preparing to lead a team to UKRAINE & GREECE to work with refugees in December!!

So, how did God put this vision on our hearts? 
It was when Bethany and I were studying through the Old Testament in our School of Biblical Studies that God gave Bethany a vision:
A picture of waves and waves of people coming together from our YWAM campus and other campuses flooding into Europe and lighting fires, and fanning flames. Then refugees were taking the torches and spreading the fire themselves and in their communities. We served them and showed them the hands and feet of Jesus, leading them to the gospel.
Bethany asked me to pray about joining her and after considerable prayer, God called me to partner with her in leading this ministry.

The first and greatest commandment: to love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength.
To love Him is to respond to Him with awe, surrender, and obedience. For us, praying and interceding for the refugee crisis was not enough. God called us to RESPOND.  James 1:27 says true religion is to love the orphan and the widow, and as we follow and obey Jesus He will always lead us in good works of love.

One year ago, I never expected that what seemed so uncertain would lead me to my greatest joy & privilege. 
What started as stepping into the unknown, ended up leading me into the revelation of what His heart for refugees is. I am now and forever will be gripped by His immeasurable worth.

And He will always be my first choice.
Here is a video about our hearts for the refugee Elective! 

Please Pray

Thank you so much for your prayers. 

Here are some prayer requests:
  • We are preparing to go on outreach to the Ukraine and Greece so please pray for diligence, unity for our team and physical health
  • We are struggling to find housing (at at reasonable price) for our time in Greece. please pray that the Lord would provide in that way SOON!
  • Personally I have been struggling with some health issues. Please pray for healing and wisdom in pursuing treatment!
I would love it if you would let me know how you are doing as well and how I can be praying for you! Please feel free to Call, email or text me with any questions about our ministry or your personal updates and prayer requests!

Your prayers are coveted, Be blessed!

Be sure to check out the links below!

Much Love,
- Katie Warford


P.S.
Please enjoy these pictures of our outreach team! (We call ourselves "Team Ukreece")

Comments

Popular Posts