Newsletter #6 Refugee ministry, Bible Distribution & DTS (2019)

View this email in your browser

Recent Updates

 

Discipleship Training School

God has been doing incredible things here at YWAM Montana and in my life. He has been teaching me how to put all of my trust in Him and believe that He is capable of anything as long as we, as his people are willing. Sometimes I feel so incapable and unqualified for the things he is calling me into but I know HE is sovereign and HE is the one who qualifies! One of my favorite quotes is "God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called."
Recently I have joined the DTS Leadership team. On this team we oversee the DTS Department and provide pastoral care for our staff members. I also have the wonderful privilege of leading the next Discipleship Training School alongside my co-leader Bethany. This means that Bethany and I will be in charge of the whole school this coming winter. We are currently in the preparation stages and organizing what teaching topics we will have throughout the school! Alongside that, I will be working hands-on with the incoming DTS Students and discipling/encouraging them as they grow in their relationship with God.

Refugee Ministry

God has been moving in miraculous ways with Refugee ministry. Currently Bethany and I have been asked to help start  a ministry called "YWAM Refugee Circle" in North America. With that, We will be gathering leaders all across North America to strategize and talk about how to approach the Refugee Crisis as a whole. Currently the the number of refugees has risen to an all time high at 70.8 million. This number has NEVER been this high. These people are not simply immigrants but people around the world have been forced from their homes. One person is forcibly displaced every two seconds as a result of conflict or persecution. 


In the School that Bethany and I will be leading, I am hoping to take a team to a nation in the Middle East. I am not currently able to share details about this, but I would be so blessed by prayer for wisdom and discernment as we move towards bringing the Gospel to refugees.

Bible Distribution

On the outreaches that we have been sending recently (Taiwan, Ukraine, Thailand, Middle East, Other locations in Asia). We are taking part in Bible distribution. This has been an incredible privilege . We have seen so much fruit through bringing the Word of God to those who currently don't have access to it! There are currently over 4 million people who do not have access to the Gospel and 2 million who do not even have the Bible published in their own language yet. We are believing as the body of Christ together that the Gospel will go forward and God will continue to bring people to know him through His Word. 

I am aware that I just dropped a lot of news on your laps so PLEASE don't hesitate to ask for more info! I would love to chat with you on the phone or via email!

Also, on an exciting note I WILL BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS for the first time in 3 years!! If you are in the Bay Area this December I would LOVE to meet with you!

 
Here is a video about Discipleship Training School, the program that I work with!


Please Pray

Thank you so much. I would greatly appreciate prayer for all of the things mentioned above! I would love prayer for wisdom and discernment when it comes to leading a Discipleship Training School, for Refugee Ministry and where we send our teams as well as prayer for Bible distribution and the advancement of Gods Word. God has been completely  faithful in everything he has led me into and I remain in awe of the support that you bring me. I would not be where I am if the Lord hadn't provided people like you to walk alongside me through it all.

Your prayers are coveted, Be blessed!
Be sure to check out the links below!

Much Love,
- Katie Warford

Comments

Popular Posts